WARNING: This ePortfolio is currently being used as a template. Published changes or deletions will affect new ePortfolios created from this template.

INQ 300       Syllabus

Meet as a class. We have class discussions, I explain assignment requirements, I react to your writing as requested, and your classmates give you feedback regarding your research and writing.

You meet in groups or work on your own wherever convenient.

You research, write, or work as a group to accomplish the various tasks you have.

Week

Topic

Due

1

01/14   Intro to class. Syllabus and assignment overview. 

2

01/21  Writing the Introduction.

3

01/28  Introduction feedback.Issue 1

4

02/04  Introduction feedback.

Issue 2, Sources

5

02/11  Writing the Lit ReviewIssue 3

6

02/18  Lit Review feedback.

Issue 4

7

02/25  Lit Review feedback. 

Issue 5

8

03/11  writing the Recommendations

Issue 6

9

03/18   Recommendations feedback Issue 7, Interview 

10

03/25  Teacher Interviews/QR test

Issue 8

11

04/01  Recommendations feedback 

12

04/08  Designing the Oral Presentation

Issue 9, Paper

13

04/15  Oral Presentations. Group grade meeting.

Oral Defense, Group

Assignment

%

Sources

10

Issue

30

Paper

30

Interview

10

Oral

10

Group

10

In this course you'll be turning in all your assignments digitally, via your Digication e-portfolios. You'll create in your e-portfolio and then, before class time on the due date, you'll submit your assignment to our Digication INQ 300-Whitt course. 

Digication time-stamps and archives your submission. If you've left something out, no worries. Digication let's you re-submit as often as you wish. As long as it's before class time of the due date, your re-submission bothers no one. 

Assignments submitted after the due time and date will not be graded.

I will grade your assignment and you'll be able to read the comments I make in your e-portfolio. All you'll have to do is, after I've finished grading, follow the link to your submitted assignment from our Digication course Assignments section. When you click the "more info" button you'll see your grade and, if you follow the green hyperlink to your assignment, you'll see my comments to the right of your work.

Although I'll show you how to submit assignments during the first class when you make your e-portfolio from this template, here are instructions for submitting the assignment in case you need to refresh your memory.

An Important Note
Since I do not grade late work, use Digication to verify your submission. There are multiple ways to do this.