Students for Equality:

Students for Equality is a lovely organization that believes in the fair treatment and equality of all. It is a feminist organization on campus that I was very proudly a part of. We spread messages of love, acceptance, and respect. We held events that spread awareness and discussed topics such as: Mental Health, Sexual Assault and Rape, Masculinity and Femininity, LGBTQA+, Suicide Prevention, Self Harm, breaking away from stereotypes, and much more. We also had fundraisers, food drives, and gave back to our community through a multitude of events held throughout each school year.

I am so glad to be a part of such an influential organization teaching such important messages to members of the community. It is with education, that we see change.

Kappa Delta Pi:

Kappa Delta Pi is the Honors Society of the Education Department. I became a member of KDP during the 2014-2015 school year and am proud to say that this organization is constantly trying to see change in the world of Education. The organization as a whole discusses political matters, events, and conferences involving education. On campus KDP held events to discover ways to give back to the community. Roanoke prides itself on being involved within the surrounding community of Salem, Virginia. KDP tried to stick to those core values by finding ways in which they could see change within the community.

Track and Field:

By far, my largest commitment on campus was to the Roanoke College Track and Field Team. I was a member of the team for four years and even was named Captain during my senior year. Track and Field was such a huge, influential part of my life that I actually have dedicated an entire separate page to my time as an Athlete.

You can find more information about my involvement with the Roanoke College Track and Field Team and my athletic career by clicking the "Athletics" tab at the top of the page.