I was very lucky to implement a variety of different technologies for the very first time through my placements out at the schools. I got the opportunity to learn the available technologies through the school systems themselves such as Blackboard and Synergy in order to take attendance, grade, and even make up tests. This was very informative because I had no prior knowledge of teacher technological grading programs. It was very interesting to be able to get adjusted to the software at Cave Spring High School.

While using Blackboard and Synergy to grade and such allowed me to teach in new ways, I especially liked the use of a website that again, was new to me. For the first time I was able to use GoNoodle. GoNoodle is an online website for teachers that houses different lesson plans, music, games, and interactive videos. While out at Mountain View Elementary I was able to both observe and implement GoNoodle videos, especially a very popular video among the children—Pop See Koo. Coach Rob and I often turned on the Pop See Koo video on the projector and allowed the students to take time to warm up to this video. The main purpose of the video is similar to the concept of the game Simon Says. The video has different individuals on screen that say a scripted few lines and then improvise a line stating “And THIS is how I Pop See Koo!” while showing off a dance move. It allows for the children to get up, get their heart pumping, and their blood moving. It is an excellent interactive video that teaches body parts, directional terms, and presents practice opportunities for different dance moves that implement balance, rhythm, and timing. It is a great way to implement new technology into the classroom and present the lesson or activity in a fun way. 

Pop See Koo YouTube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxtwzroMTQ 

(To view this file you must copy the link over into a new tab in order to access the video)