In a Physical Education setting this is an extremely useful tool to incorporate into a lesson plan. I try to incorporate this constructivist theory quite often, and did so when I taught the students of Mountain View Elementary. 

P.E. differs from a typical classroom by incorporating locomotor movements. The class centers around kinesthetics. As a P.E. teacher I cannot teach my students efficiently if I do not use demonstrations and observations. With that being said I know how to do different movements, I am not the one that needs practice catching or throwing a ball. Yet my students are just beginning to learn that skill. They are the ones that need to learn through experience and reflection. 

When I taught my elementary students how to throw and catch I used this theory in an evaluation component. I had the students practice throwing and catching with a partner. While this does engage students because it is a form of group work, it also creates an opportunity for peer observation. The students were to observe their partners form and try and compare it to their own form when completing a throw or catch. This allows for constructivist theory to come into play and increase academic success. 

Throwing & Catching Lesson Plan - Front Page.pdf

Throwing & Catching Lesson Plan.pdf