This is a goal that is very important to me, seeing as I myself am hard of hearing and often have a lot of communication issues with others on a fairly regular basis. Because of my personal challenges with communication, I always strive to make effective communication one of my top priorities.

Going into student teaching I set out to be the teacher I always wanted when it came to effective communication. I took everything I wish others consistently displayed and tried to display each issue I have had in the past. I was sure to aim to meet each student's individual needs. I pride myself in always looking at the students, never turning away while giving instructions, projecting my voice, and annunciating words. Not only this, but I use as many visual aids as I can. In P.E. I also feel it is important to give examples and have the students practice the motion of things. 

If a student still has trouble hearing or do not understand my verbal communication, they can still process the information by effectively observing or modelling the actions. I like to use the whiteboard and posters as textual and visual aids, as well as modelling actions through bodily kinesthetics to gain comprehension by each student.