The use of technology in a Physical Education setting can be a challenge depending on the funding the school receives and the facilities. During my time as a student teacher I always was able to incorporate the use of a CD Player and Fitness Gram tests and pacing measures, regardless of the funding or facilities. 

The use of a CD Player is incredibly important in a P.E. setting because it acts as a way to immediately begin and halt game play. In some cases soft music v. loud music may even have different meanings. In my elementary school placement soft music meant walking during a warm up while loud music meant to jog. 

The Fitness Gram tests and pacing guidelines are vital to an efficient Fitness Testing Unit. While I am unable to show you any of the Fitness Gram material physically, I did incorporate it into the classroom often. For instance, when I was giving the Fitness Gram Pacer Test to test cardio-respiratory fitness, I used the Official Fitness Gram Guidlines and electronic measuring tools to help keep track of my student's scores. 

Throughout the semester I also learned how to use Wellness.net and Gradebook that the Roanoke City School System uses. 

Wellness.net is an electronic measurement system to record students Fitness Scores as well as take notes, and keep track of progress. Teachers are also able to submit their classroom scores to their supervisors through the use of this program. It is very helpful with staying organized and managing your classroom.

Gradebook is similar to Wellness.net; it's purpose is to keep track of your students' grades, monitor their progress and academic development, and keep up to date on any student information such as IEP's or 504's.

Other means of technology that I was able to relate to the course discipline included the use of scales and other equipment in order to measure and monitor activity; as well as a video on exercise called Chicken Fat. 

In the Health classroom I also used the Smartboard daily to display worksheets, PowerPoints, and other pieces of texts. 

As previously stated, while I do not own any of these pieces of technology to show you, I did incorporate all of these into both the P.E. setting and Health setting.

3-5 Pacer Physical Fitness Test.pdf

3-5 Pacer Physical Fitness Test Grid.pdf

I am also including a link to a video that has a version of what the Fitness Gram Pacer Test sounds like. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82jDHRrswc

(To view this file you must copy the link over into a new tab in order to access the video)