Using different sources when putting together lesson plans is a wonderful tool because you are able to gain perspective as well as incorporate feedback in order to insure a strong lesson the students will enjoy. One of my favorite lessons to write up at the elementary level was a lesson that taught loco-motor movements while still practicing self-space. I got to incorporate a variety of different sources while writing up this lesson.

While putting together those lessons I got to collaborate with my clinical faculty, which was neat seeing as he has almost ten years of experience. I was also able to incorporate information from the fitness gram texts and apply that information into putting together assessment pieces. 

It was really neat to use such a variety of sources, especially the opportunity to collaborate with a teacher who has experience in the field. It was super helpful to chat with him about how he usually works through the loco-motor and spactial awareness unit and what some of his most efficient methods are. It was a rather eye opening experience that really taught me a lot about the importance of accessing a variety of sources, assessing their credibility and application to your specific lessons, and synthesizing everything into a coherent whole. 

One example of this would be my lesson called Magician Tag. I got to collaborate with my teacher as well as use online sources and read up on other teachers' experiences with this particular activity. I was then able to take these pieces of information and synthesize and formulate the lesson in such a way that it ran efficiently and was enjoyable. I assessed each student and they would later receive feedback based on their scores.

K-2 Magician Tag LP.pdf

K-2 Magician Tag LP Grid.pdf