Differentiation instruction is vital because a good classroom teacher addresses the needs of the individual learner. By addressing individual needs you are aiding in a student's learning experience and providing them with a better learning environment.

At Fishburn Park I had quite a few different Multiple Disability Adapted Physical Education classes. For these students you definitely needed to differentiate instruction to meet their individual learning needs. In order for them to even participate you had to offer differentiated instructions.

For instance, in this lesson plan I was working on loco-motor movements as well as trying to reinforce the concept of self-space. I was going to be teaching an activity called 4 Corners, where students would be moving about the gymnassium completing different loco-motor movements. My MD Students are in wheelchairs, have walkers, and are not really able to all complete these movements I was assessing through observation. This by no means meant that I was going to fail them or exclude them from the activity. Instead, I had them move in their preferred method of movement around the gymnasium. They completed the task with smiles on their faces and went on to love playing 4 Corners.

4 Corners Lesson Plan.pdf

4 Corners Lesson Plan Grid.pdf