Accommodating the diverse needs of student learners is one of the most important things you can do as a teacher. I personally hold this to be a personal goal for me each and every time I am giving instructions in a classroom setting. In my experiences as a student teacher, there have been quite the plethora of instances where I have had to accommodate to the diverse needs of my students. 

The largest accommodation I have had to make have been the alterations I have had to make to incorporate the Multiple Disabilities Adapted Physical Education classes I taught. I had a lower elementary M.D. class and an upper elementary M.D. class. Both presented challenges in different ways; just as each student individually can. Every student is different which is why you need to meet their individaul learning needs in order to really connect with them and instill in them new knowledge in order to see any sort of physical or cognitive advancement. 

If the students in my M.D. classes were unable to physically participate due to limitations, I would simply give them modified instructions in order to continue game play and encourage participation.

I also had many English Language Learners who didn't speak any English. This really made it difficult for them to learn and follow along in class. I would make modifications in order to meet their individual learning needs that way they were still able to understand what was happening in class. 

4 Corners Lesson Plan.pdf

4 Corners Lesson Plan Grid.pdf

Health Lesson Plan - Chapter 10 Lesson 1Nutrition.pdf

Picture1.png