Fishburn Park was my first placement as a Student Teacher. I was so excited to be working with Elementary School Children again, and the experience really paid off. 

Fishburn Park was a very unique school to be placed at for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, they are an Environmental Sciences focused school; meaning that you could live anywhere in the area (including outside of the school zones) and still apply to attend the school. This in itself really increased the performance of the school and it's students because most that applied were very intelligent students who enjoyed learning. The school had a lovely facility and grounds. There was a lot of outdoor space which the kids loved to have class in.

While Fishburn was a more exclusive school in the city, it still was certainly a city school. The students came from a number of different background and cultures. Some of the challenges I faced while teaching at Fishburn Park involved teaching English Language Learners and involving the many Multiple Disabilities Adapted P.E. classes I had.

I am so thankful I got the opportunity to work with such great kids and teachers; I learned a lot about myself and the challenges educators face everyday. I had a fantastic experience.