Roanoke College Track and Field Team:

No athlete would ever be able to find success without an amazing support system surrounding them. At Roanoke College I was extremely lucky to have such wonderful individuals helping me compete at my highest level. I had the pleasure of working with a tremendous coaching staff as well as a lovely bunch of peers that I was lucky enough to call teammates. My Coaches and teammates supported me throughout my entire journey as a collegiate athlete and pushed me to succeed. They inspired me, comforted me, and really drove me to always do my best.

Track and Field Captain:

I had the honor of taking over the roll as Team Captain my senior year. The work that came with it and the challenges I faced as the leader of a collegiate track team was certainly difficult, but with such wonderful people surrounding you it is hard to say I was ever bothered by the work. My coaches and teammates made it very easy to take on the roll as a team captain because we were already such a close knit group that it was easy to talk to one another, guide each other, and comfort those in need. I was able to work on my leadership skills and find a bigger roll in both my team and my community as a team captain. I am happy to say that I helped lead the team to many victories in the 2015-2016 season. 

It is said that the test of a good Coach is when you leave, others will carry on successfully. While I may have only carried the title of Captain, I certainly helped teach and guide my teammates as a Coach would, and I have complete confidence that they will take the lessons in which I have instilled in them and be able to successfully apply those to future seasons and meets. I cannot wait to hear of all the many accomplishments and great successes they have as a team.