My name is Meghan Smith; welcome to my teaching portfolio! I am a candidate for Elementary Licensure (K-6) from the State of Virginia, and a graduate of the Roanoke College Education Program. 

In Virginia, students are unable to major in Education and must instead choose an area of focus, in addition to their minor in Education. Therefore, I graduated Roanoke College with magna cum laude honors as a History Major, Elementary Education Minor, and with a certificate from the Honors Program. I completed approximately 1,000 hours in diverse classrooms over the course of my teaching candidacy, including internship and student teaching placements in the Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts in Beaufort County, South Carolina. Other activities directly relating to my development as a para-professional include: organizing enrichment speakers on campus, planning and implementing a college visit day for local elementary students, and the presidency of the Roanoke College chapter of Kappa Delta Pi. 

In the future, I hope to obtain employment as a full time elementary school teacher in Beaufort County, South Carolina. My long-term professional development goals include the completion of a Masters degree in Administration and a Gifted and Talented endorsement. I would like to one day open my own private school in the Lowcountry.