Example from my internship: 

During my internship at the Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts, I was placed in a high reading class that also contained second language learners. These students were high in reading comprehension, but often struggled with writing due to the differences in written communication between Spanish and English. I decided to use comic book construction as a way to teach literature comprehension strategies, while also strengthening students' writing capabilities. Creating comic books demonstrated cultural perspective through the understanding that ESL students may have high reading comprehension, but low writing abilities. The activity also related to a group of boys in the class, who preferred to read comic books instead of chapter books and often read the comics together with their dads in the newspaper. 

In addition to the formatting of the product, I also used cultural perspective in my choice of books for the literature circles. For example, for one group I chose a book discussing an immigrant's experiences, a topic to which many of the students in my class could relate. I had two children in the class who were adopted recently, but grew up in the Native American culture; I chose a story with a Native American as the main character, but did not place these students in the group in order to allow their classmates the opportunity of learning more about their culture. 

Below are pictures of the final products hanging on a bulletin board outside of the classroom: