This starts week one of my daily blog of my experiences at Roanoke, here I will detail my experiences, encounters, and strange adventures while I journey through this exotic territory out in the in the hills.

For my 1st couple weeks here at Roanoke I encountered some strange characters, seemed to be indigenous to the area and addicted to running, almost as if they ran track. Of all things. They offered  me the once in a lifetime opurtunity to come to one of there gathering on this oval that resembles a track, it must some sort of religious thing I assume. I went to the track and began to warm up with them, after that they began to do some strange body rituals that I have never seen before. They began to contort their limbs in awkward and uncomfortable positions that would make the most sadistic human cringe, others began to bounce as if they were frogs. I was confused yet interested by all of this, so of course I joined in.

After all of that, the leader of the group asked me to work out with him and some of the others. They were something that involved intervals or something awful. Back where I'm from I was a pretty good runner, I ran both track and XC, and did run about 5 to 12 miles a day. Until I got injured this summer. But even if I wasn't injured I was still worried to run with these guys, they all seemed extremly good for some reason; almost like they've all ran track or something. So I ran with them, and stayed with them for the whole practices, and after that they allowed to come to more gatherings.