This I Believe Revisted

Well I write better than that now, that is one change. But in all seriousness I have changed a lot ever since I came to Roanoke. Originally I was a pretty quite person, unless I knew you, now I'm a pretty open person. Almost more confident in a sense. I guess the reason for this is that I'm in a completly new environment where everyone is, or was looking to find a sense of place; in contrast to high where everyone knew each other, and continued to have the same friend, and live a pretty dull cookie cutter lifestyle.

I feel a sense of maturity to ever since I came to college, and I feel more intuned to current issues ever since I took ENVI 130, and POLI 101. Those classes in particular really asked for our input on current opinions on current issues affecting us domestically and globally. So inevitably I had to engross myself in these topics.

But there are still things I'm tryingto figure out, like how to attain the goals I want in my life, and how to make lifelong connection with professionals that can help me later. I guess I'll learn that along the way on this journey.

Go back and reread the This I Believe Essay you posted at the start of the semester.  Reading this essay after thirteen weeks at college, what are your views on it and on the topic you addressed?  Have your views changed at all?  Remained the same?  Looking back on the last few months, what events/moments/conversations/classes/relationships would you credit for your response--regardless of whether there's been a change or not--to the essay at this point?

Here again, as with your "About Me" statement at the beginning of the semester, avoid easy answers and the temptation to wrap everything up in a neat little package.  What questions remain in your mind?  What uncertainties still exist?  These are normal, so be honest and bring them into your response!