Blog Post #5

After an eventful weekend, I along with my fellow dormmates had finally finally got the the chance to relax, or so we thought. My phone buzzed, and our RA Ben just sent us this email informing us about a football game against Wells. The email said

"What's up, boys?
For those of you who are not aware yet, this coming Sunday (tomorrow, the 5th) Fox 1st Floor is going to be taking on Wells 1 in a game of touch football!
The game will be played around 2 P.M.  Everyone come out and bring your A game.
They've got some athletes, so expect some pressure on both offense and defense. Pressure has the potential to burst pipes, but pressure also creates diamonds. Let's make some diamonds, fellas.
Look forward to seeing you all."

Now I was pumped, along with everyone at our dorm, our team was pretty staked 2 guys on floor play basketball for the team, another plays baseball, we have a soccer player, me (not to sound cocky), and a few other athletes. Wells didn't know how bad they were going to lose.
          Then stuff started to go down south for our team. Our QB's mom got sick, so he left R-Island, and our other good reciever had basketball practice so we were a little desimated. But we honestly couldn't lose that bad if those guys weren't there, we are pretty athletic guys so we still had a solid chance of pulling off the W. Right? Wrong.
           Well all came out of our homes and met outside our dorms, in the middle of R-Island. We chatted up, then traversed to R-Island center piece. Kerr Stadium. We put on cleats, spikes, whatever shoes we could find that were light. We chatted up, made rules, and then the games began.
              The sun was shinning, the wind was blowing in the west, and the temp was nice. I sat out, and within seconds Wells scored but I felt like we could answer back. Wronng again. Not even 10 min into it Wells scored 3 touchdowns. I came in and things did not get any better. I caught on ball with my face and got us a 1st down, but we were just a mess. The shortest guy on team was the only one who actually got all  2 of our TD's (Note: He is 5'3). 
                  When it was all said and down, we had a good time, and all shook hands and walked back to our dorms. But after that loss I think we are all going to practice a little more for our next game, because losing like that was not the best.